2010 was a tough year, but it has taught me so much. But, I feel like I am a different person since last January, in both a good and bad way. It’s hard to explain, so I skip the boring details. Yet there are things I want to change.
The way I feel, well, I guess this is what it feels to grow up and to accept the cynical routine of “this is just the way it is.” Yet, such a concession makes me want to throw up, yet I feel myself being dragged into this mindset. Why? Is it the everyday repetition in my life? Is it the problems that I am helpless to solve? I don’t know why. I am not sure how to change but this is where I am at.
I need a paradigm shift, and a renewal of within, and I’m just counting on the God of peace to show up in a new and real way.
So, here is my New Year’s Resolution:
1) Be the man that God wants me to be. Be the man that my family needs me to be. Be the man that you would be proud to know. Continue to be the man that makes my dad proud.
2) Spend more time with my family.
3) Spend less time trying to win the race, and a little more time hanging out the people the world has left behind.
4) Continue to be open with my friends; something I learned in 2010.
5) Tell the critics in my life that success is being a good man that is just, loving and forgiving. It is not landing a 100k year job, and looking professional.
6) Live my life like PEOPLE CAN CHANGE!!!!
7) I need to write more.
8) I need to pick up some kind of martial art, because I know I am tough. I just need more training.
9) Own my mistakes and insecurities and lay them at the foot of the cross.
10) Only ask for enough power to do what’s right
11) Drink more cherry coke, because it is delicious.
12) Talk about JESUS more. He change my life you know.
if I fail miserably to live up to this, then i would know that I spent 2011 trying to different. To those that think I am naive, idealistic; and that I view the world through rosey colored glasses, I understand your criticism. But it’s not like I don’t know that evil is real, evil is powerful, people are generally selfish, and self-interest too often takes precedence over ideals. Granted. I grant it all.
But I still want to see change. I’m sick of the way things are. I’m tired of settling. I want change, no matter how small.
2011 is going to be different.